Friday, September 24, 2010

Dealing with Garden Pests

Although the tendency to make my own garden, I noticed that one of the most frustrating things that can happen to a gardener is to walk outside to check on your plants. It's just a routine run to ensure that your garden is good, but you end up finding holes in your plants fine but a few hours before watching. The explanations for some of these
plants destroying holes are garden pests. Some of the major pests garden snails, worms, caterpillars, birds, snails, and the occasional gopher. Although you never delete these pests entirely, after all your hard work in the garden you have to do something.

Insects are one of the worst things to have in your garden, they live underground, in old weeds or piles of leaves, or some other places. To help keep insects away, always try to eliminate places in your garden and near your garden that these insects and other plant diseases could attend. Remove old leaves, weeds, or any other decaying matter that insects and diseases can be the life of your garden. Also regularly turn over your garden soil and break down any lumps of dirt, so you eliminate all the insects living spaces that could be hidden underground.

Another way to rid your garden of pests is the use of dormant spray, which is used to destructive insects and diseases under control. It is best that you dormant spray when your plants are dormant, usually around February or early March. I've used dormant spray many times on my garden and it has worked wonders on keeping insects out. But as I experience, dormant spray is only effective if the correct instructions. When I first decided to do a number on my garden, I dumped it everywhere in the hopes of killing everything harmful. Unfortunately, I ended up killing my entire garden with my neighbors. Some insects can be beneficial to your garden, so be sure to find out which insects help your garden.

Another problem I have had bugs is insects besides birds. If I see birds in my garden I run outside a chase, but once I step inside they come back. The solution I've come away with the birds to keep my garden is a bird feeder in my garden. Instead of costing me time and money by eating my garden, the birds eating at the bird feeder. In the long run it will save you money. Not only can a bird feeder to help keep birds away from your garden, but may be a new part of you garden decoration. While not completely eliminating my bird problem, my bird feeder has the problem smaller. Getting a dog has also helped.

If you see the mounds of dirt around your garden and your plants keep unexplained death, you assume that you have a Gopher problem.Thankfully, this is one of the few gardens past that I have not had. But my friend is facing an enormous gopher infestation, so I decided to research. Gophers are rodents that five to fourteen inches long. Their fur can be black, light brown or white, and they have small tails. A method for eliminating these root pests is to fall. The key to successfully capturing a gopher with a fall with success to find the Gopher tunnels and properly trapped. Another way to get rid of them is the use of smoke bombs that you place in the tunnel and the smoke spreads out and hopefully, the Gopher.

If you suspect that your gardens be plundered by one of the pests I mentioned, I encourage that you try your hardest to correct the problem as soon as possible. The longer you let the species stay, the more will be established.

No comments:

Post a Comment