Saturday, September 18, 2010

My First Gardening Experience

Ah, to this day I still remember my first experience of gardening. It was such a disaster that I do not think I would never want to back garden. I decided almost casual hobby into the most rage-inducing theme turn could save up to me.

It started a few weeks after I first moved to in my house. I was excited to mow my own grass only to have it, because I had in apartments and condos for a while. In between is planning to paint walls and renovate the inside exactly how I like, I thought it would be a good idea to start a fruit garden so that I could be a few fresh ingredients and put to use my garden. At this point, I did not really know anything about gardening. But still in my spunky young age, I decided I needed help. How hard can it be to start growing a garden and order? Anyway, it happens in nature all the time, and nobody even has to do nothing.

I already had a grassless patch in my garden, where, as the previous owner had a garden could be tried. But any attempt they had proved to be a complete farce. The area was full of stones and weeds, with no sign of a pleasant plants. I spent several hours of work over several days to evacuate the entire area so that nothing but dirt. At this point, I did not realize, however, the difference between "Dirt" and "soil". I have had with barren, hard, nutritionless, and unforgiving to do country.

I did make an attempt to look like my garden beautiful, although I think even Martha Stewart would have had difficulties. I took several stained boards that were sitting in my basement (very convenient, right?) And used them as a border for my garden, out there to keep all the pests, which could not jump more than a foot (I thought I was safe of garden gnomes). I used the pile of stones I collected from the garden, had a creepy shrine looking thing in front of her. I do not know what I thought, if I did that.

I went to the store on the same day, and picked out what looked tasty. Strawberries? Sure! Watermelon? Yeah! I chopped a hole in the rock-hard ground and pushed the seeds that in. I think I watered it faithfully every day for several weeks before we realized that it is not to grow something. But even after I had this realization, I continued to water in the hopes that my seeds would sprout in the last minute pull on me. But I knew there was no hope, and I was inconsolable. After all the hours after pulling up weeds and threw stones in a pile I had no fruit to show for my work.

Well, the feeling dejected and betrayed, filed on the Internet and I am looking for a guide to gardening. Did I run quickly on a Web site that led me to realize the true need for gardening skills. It was then I learned about the soil texture, nutrients, ideal watering conditions, seasons and all these things. After I read in my field and how to grow fruits, I learned exactly what to do. I have learned how to make the ideal soil, if the seed, how much water, etc. Only one night of surfing the Internet and print sources, and I quite ready for the next planting season plant was obtained.

If you are in the position I was, and you're just itching to start a new garden ... I urge you to learn from my mistakes. Make sure you are to grow enough adequate studies on the types of plants you are trying, together with the climate. Of money for good soil, good fertilizer and good gardening. I hope you do not have the emotional disaster was, I go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment