Monday, September 13, 2010

Fine Gardening

Gardening in and of itself is an art form. And the art of fine gardening is just that, an art. Fine gardening may mean many things to many people, but to me fine gardening means more than just a garden. It includes everything that is good and graceful in gardening and combines them with a garden to make it the pinnacle of your dreams.

My enjoyment of fine garden is not only the finished garden but from the endless hours that I spend designing and planning the actual garden, from the first moment I saw the germ of an idea, until I put the recent shoots, and plant the last flower. All I want, all I can be, should show through when first a person steps into this country or fine garden, a place of peace, where one person Can meditate on the finer things in life.


Therefore, a pond, an ideal that a continuously soothing gurgle will make a small step type waterfall-cum-pond, placed on a nice flat slabs of rock with a hint of moss grows on. A nice water lily or lotus to give off a contrasting color, and perhaps a fish or two. A few ferns and green rainforest type plants around the pond, and I'm done with this stage of my fine gardening.

Ideally I would like a big tree to stand in a corner of the garden with a lovely velvety dark brown trunk that I can only pair with my arms full of vivid groene leaves spilling on the ground in eight verlaten charge. Because I might not always get what I want, I will instead settle for a few saplings on one day to fulfill my wish.

Since green is my goal for the moment, I'm also a pretty shady lawn that you sink your bare feet when taking a turn about your garden.


I love the idea of a Zen garden, but prefer colors and lots of plants, so I would this feature be included in my beautiful garden efforts by placing a path, naturally made out of rough stone carved, zigzagging in a quiet walk through the garden.

And it all finish I would have a little alcove, unseen from afar, that afforded the curious visitor a wide angle picture of the whole garden with a sun and a low-lying bench with a few plump cushions strewn carelessly about, and all surrounded by an abundance of flowers welcome.

In the distance that I would consider placing a few boulders, pleasing in stature and color to the eye, perhaps surrounded by a few flowers.

And amidst all this fine splendor I would walk amongst my heartfelt efforts of fine gardening and sigh in contentment and peace. For what more is there to gardening, than the art of fine garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment