Monday, September 20, 2010

The Psychology Behind Gardening

I do not know what it is about a garden that has always attracted people to them. But she was always very popular, and an integral part of peoples' lifestyles. Most religions have gardens, the settings for some of the biggest events to Christianity, humanity was started in a garden and the son of God was in a garden again rise again. The Buddhist build gardens to allow the nature to permeate their surroundings. Almost every major palace and government building has a garden. But what is so great about them? They are only a few plants, after all. Of course, the argument pretty obvious why people grow behind food in the gardens. It is to eat, if you live the fat of the land and survive actually on order from your garden, it is easy to understand why. But I am pleased these people that think plant flower gardens just for the beautiful view. There is no immediate benefit that can I see you only have a bunch of flowers in your garden! But after thinking extensively about the motivation behind planting decorative gardens, I have several possible theories designed. I think one of the reasons people love gardens so much that while we have a natural desire for progress and industrialization is deep within us all a primal love for nature. While this desire might not be as strong as the desire for modernity, it is still strong enough to force us to create gardens, small outlets of nature, in the midst of all our hustle and bustle. There is in nature, such as regression to an earlier stage of humanity, we too can at a time of regress comfort and happiness. Therefore gardens so relaxing and soothing to meditate on in. So gardens a good place and will be Tai Chi exercises. A garden is a way to quickly escape from the hectic world. I have sometimes thought that perhaps we feel as human beings a kind of guilt that drives us to nature and the concern to restore to them. This debt can from the knowledge that we do not personally but as a race to get destroyed so much of nature, where we are today Stem Cells. It's the least we do to build a small garden in remembrance of all the trees we kill every day. It is my theory, that this is to take the real reason for most people to gardening as a hobby. Gardening definitely a healthy habit, but do not make me wrong. Any hobby that provides exercise, helps the environment and improves your diet is not a negative matter. So no matter what the underlying psychological cause for gardening, I think that everyone should continue to do so. In the U.S. especially, is to do with obesity and pollution as its two major problems, I think gardening can only serve to improve the state of the world. Of course I am not a psychologist, I am just a curious gardener. I often stay for hours to ask what makes me garden. What is it that I go outside for a few hours every day with my gardening tools, and facilitate the small-time growth of plants that would grow naturally on their own? I can never know, but in this case, ignorance really is bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment